I HAVE BEEN ADOPTED! ~Allison~English Bulldog Available for Adoption in Arizona

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
allison.jpg

I am already spayed, housetrained, purebred, a special needs pet, up to date with shots, good with kids, good with dogs, and not good with cats.

Allison's Story...

Hello my name is Allison and I am 7 year old red and white female who is ready to find my forever home! It has been a long road for me since coming into Almost Home Bulldog Rescue; it is also a very long story so I will try to give you just the highlights. Maricopa County Animal Care and Control let AHBR help me out due to my very long list of medical needs. I was dirty, covered in ticks, I had major skin issues, eye issues, a very bad ear infection, and I had a very noticeable limp. Well a few good baths and a round of Frontline helped my first two problems. As for my skin issues now that my first and secondary skin infections are clear, it is important to know that I have food allergies and will have to be kept of a fish and sweet potato diet. No special treats for me! I will require eye drops twice a day (just refresh tears though), and a forever family who will continue to keep my ears nice and clean. Now onto to my limp, the vet and my physical therapist believe at some point in my life I was hit by a car. They can only guess at this, but all my injuries seem to point in that direction. (Although that was in my past and I am no help in letting them know what happened because I am not tellingJ!) But at some point my elbow was broken and did not heal correctly. I will always have this limp, but trust me I do not let it slow me down at all! My foster mom says that I am the happiest bulldog she has ever met. My tail is wagging all the time, even when I am upside down getting belly rubs! (And boy do I love my belly rubbed!) I greet each and every day as if it were a gift and I really do not let anything get me down. I even had a tumor removed from my nipple last week, and I was back to my happy go lucky self the very next day! (Even though I had to wear the cone of shame for a few days to keep me from licking my stitches, I still kept my tail wagging!) The vet told me that my tumor was benign and that they were able to get clean margins when they took it out. The only bad thing about surgery was that it has kept from my favorite part of Physical Therapy….swimming! Yes that is correct I am a bulldog who likes to swim! Of course I ALWAYS wear my hot pink life jacket, it is the only way I can really stay afloat. I am up to 3 two minute intervals of swimming 4 times a week, and it is really helping my weak leg build some muscle. Although please keep in mind even though I like to swim AHBR will still require a fenced pool for me! So if you think my happy self could live happily ever after in your home and in your pool please fill out an application for me! I am okay with other dogs as long as the introductions are done very slowly. Although in all honestly I would love to be an only dog! Cats and other critters are unknown so I would say I would like a kitty free home. Children are okay as long as they are older and dog savvy (so over the age of 12 please.) >Adoption Donation $450.

Update: I've been ADOPTED!

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Almost Home

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News! :up:

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online